“THE WORLD IS A BOOK AND THOSE WHO DO NOT TRAVEL READ ONLY A PAGE.” ~ SAINT AUGUSTINE
The above quotation sets one to think , well will we be only reading one page through out our whole lives!! The thought of world travel is a dream that many aspire for and I must put it honestly that , not all get an opportunity to globe-trot the world. And the current situation has surely made us crave for this even more. Nothing to feel sad about it. I have a ready made solution for you all.
Today the book that I will be reviewing is Around the world through my lens-Round the corner,there may still be a new place to discover from the Blogchatter Ebook carnival 2020. It is an absolutely gripping book that I adored and I strongly recommend it.Why? Lets find the answer through the book review and get to know about the author as I have the honor of having her interviewed(shared below).
- Book Title–Around the world through my lens-Round the corner,there may still be a new place to discover
- Author’s Name– Jyoti Jha
- Published by – Self Published on Blogchatter platform during Blogchatter E book Carnival 2020
- About the Author– The author needs no introduction . She is the prestigious winner of TOI-Write India season-3. A former HR employee with corporate experience, she now basks in the glory of being a professional content writer. Her passion of writing helped her open new doors of creativity and she has not looked back since then. As a mother and home maker she wears multiple hats of being a writer and has efficiently created a niche for herself in the blogosphere. This is commendable and gives us the testimony of her talent ,zeal and passion. She blogs at https://myviewsandreviews.in/ where in many of her posts like Recycling- A contemporary scope of eco-architecture, Indian Start ups – All doom and gloom? etc which has been featured and published.
- Title and Book Cover- The Title goes straight to the point where the Author has put her best to showcase the experiences that she had, while her extensive travel journeys within India and abroad. The book cover showcases a couple hand in hand at the beach in colorful casual attire cherishing the moment .The feel is real and I am sure, is a dream picture of many travel bugs.The beautiful and lovely couple is none other than the Author herself and her husband. How romantic…isn’t it ?
- Narration: The narration is easy to understand and one can easily go with the flow. There has been no use of heavy jargons making it very comprehensible to read and helps the readers to soak in all the information that is shared. The description is vivid and praiseworthy.
- Content: The book is a travelogue and is a true account with real life experiences. The bouquet of collage pictures of the Author with her beautiful family give a very cosy feel to the aesthetics of the book. What is unique about it is, this is completely devoid of any bias which I admire. The facts are represented in their bare form and it makes it all the more appealing for a travel enthusiast who wants to know about a particular place in true sense. The Author had the opportunity to stay at many foreign locations for a couple of years. This has helped her have her own perspective. She views a destination as an insider and not just as any one time tourist. This clearly mirrors in her narration where in she has taken one destination and has created many sub headings of places of interest in that area and has made sure to bring into spot light many off beat locations that one might miss out and then regret later. Have you heard about Andaman representing Handuman( malay form of Hanuman) or the meaning about Mannekin Pis in Belgium or the relation between Cardiff and the famous writer Roald Dahl? I am sure many would not know. This book gives you a splendid picture about all these. There is so much more to explore and the excitement keeps going high when you keep turning pages to feast your senses to the well researched data about the vivacious destinations that the author presents before you. The history behind a certain architecture or things to do in a particular destination add to the value of the book. I loved the captions of each chapter. Travel makes one wiser and hence I urge all readers to read this to know more about the world sitting in their comforts of their homes. This book brings before us Fragonard, Cutty sark clipper Ship, Garden of Europe, the Oxford City ( not only the University) and countless interesting facts. The Author has created a dream land with each chapter that the readers are sure to make it come true, once when the normalcy sets in. I truly appreciate the endeavor.
- What I missed? Nothing specifically !But if the Author may allow, I would like to add my own thoughts . Well when we read stories about travel we get a little jealous and want to be there ourselves. So may be a rough idea about how one can plan a trip to each destination would have helped as this book really compels one to travel the whole world by breaking away all the shackles of routine life.But this is purely based on what I feel.
- Hurry up Guys… This is free to download in the below link! Click below:
- Download link for my Ebook- Five Petals:
My interview with the beautiful Author:
Q.Please introduce yourself.
An MBA graduate and an HR by experience. A globe-trotter, an avid reader, a Creative and Content Writer by choice. Blogger by passion. TOI Write India Season 3 winner and an author of eBook.
Tussling with words each day to find my voice.
Q.Tell us how you started writing or what made you think that you can pursue writing.
I have always enjoyed delving in books of all kinds. While reading is enriching, I realized writing makes me feeling liberated. A chance review of a movie and the following appreciation, a moment of contemplation, and I embarked upon the intriguing field of writing.
Q.How has been your writing journey so far?
A journey of self-discovery and continuous learning.
Q-How do you keep yourself motivated to create and deliver?
‘Taking inspiration from everything and everyone around me’, This drives me always to continue my efforts in creating and delivering.
Q-What has been the inspiration to write the current book & what are your expectations from it?
The world being shut down, and all the lovely places becoming inaccessible in the current times of pandemic, made me yearn to reminisce about my memories of many beautiful places I have had the opportunity of visiting over a decade. I was inspired to compile most of them during A to Z Challenge and present it as an eBook at the Blogchatter Ebook carnival.
I expect the book to keep the readers’ motivation high for seeing the world yet again, and meanwhile offering them to cherish some amazing destinations from across the globe.
Q-Who do you think are your target audience and what can readers expect from your book?
Anyone who loves to travel, or would like to have a visual tour of some beautiful places from around the world, is the audience to my eBook.
Readers get a glimpse of some lovely destinations from India, USA, UK, Europe and Japan, and the points of interest in those places. Some known places and a few offbeat ones, all of them expressed through words and pictures, with a touch of personal details and my remarkable experiences with these locations.
Q-Please share your favorite part of the book that you enjoyed penning down. You may also share any experience that you came across while penning down the book.
Every part and each chapter were equally enjoyable while writing, as I hold dear, memories and unique experiences at every place I have mentioned. However, penning my thoughts and travel experience about Andaman was my favorite since I traveled the place right before the world was closed down, and the memories of my trip are still afresh.
Q-How do you envision your writing journey in the future?
As I have mentioned earlier, writing is a process of self-discovery and constant learning for me, I expect myself to keep exploring avenues. I envision my journey of becoming a published author of many books in genres like fiction, biographies, travel, etc. in the future.
Q-Name your favorite authors/poets. Please share any favorite excerpts from your favorite book.
I have a long list of favorite authors and poets from the literary world.
William Shakespeare, Roald Dahl, William Wordsworth, Jane Austen, Charles Dickens, Ruskin Bond, R K Narayan, Premchand, Amrita Pritam, Rabindranath Tagore, Manik Verma, Subhadra Kumari Chauhan, Kabir Das, Mahadevi Verma, Upamanyu Chatterjee, Rudyard Kipling, Agatha Christie, Danielle Steel, Dan Brown, James Rollins, Paulo Coelho, Jeffrey Archer and many more.
A quote from the book ‘Scenes from a Writer’s Life’, byRuskin Bond-
“and when all the wars are over, a butterfly will still be beautiful.”
Q-What is one strong philosophy that you live by?
‘We all have within us the ability to move from struggle to grace’, with this thought, I keep dreaming and pursuing those dreams.
Q-Failure is inevitable in life. Have you ever faced it? If yes, how did you overcome it? What has been the learning lesson that you can share with us?
Failure is only a temporary detour, and it is an inherent part of being triumphant in our endeavors. Life is an ever-learning process.
Q-How has recent pandemic affected your thought process and what is one message that you would want to advocate during these stressful times?
Life is fragile, and it is unpredictable. Live each day to the fullest. Grow beyond the physicality of this world, live the magic called ‘life’, and don’t get consumed by the logic of it always.
Q-What needs to be done to inculcate the habit of reading and writing among today’s young generation?
Take those family library trips and also create a reading space in the house. Discuss favorite books from all genres at the dinner tables. Make reading fun and enjoyable. Lead them by examples and not lectures.
Q-Please give your review links to your book so far.
- Contact Information:
Website – https://myviewsandreviews.in/
Email ID– firstname.lastname@example.org
Social media handles– Imjyoti5 (Twitter)